AMS is committed to helping those who advance the goals of a civil society. In keeping with this mission, we offer reduced-cost and free programs that help qualifying nonprofits obtain services and software from participating vendors.
In general, you must meet ALL FIVE of the following criteria to be eligible:
1. Organization eligibility
Organizations must be a nonprofit or non-governmental organization with recognized legal status in their respective country (equal to 501(c)(3) status under the United States Internal Revenue Code).2. Mission eligibility
In addition to the criteria above, eligible organizations must also operate on a not-for-profit basis and have a mission to benefit the local community that could include, but is not limited to: providing relief to the poor, advancing education, improving social welfare, preserving culture, preserving or restoring the environment, promoting human rights, establishment of civil society. Any organization that does not meet the criteria outlined above for eligible nonprofit missions is ineligible for assistance. Ineligible organizations include, without limitation:3. User restriction
• Nonprofit organizations that have not obtained recognized legal status in their respective country;• Governmental organizations or agencies, including governmental museums, international governmental organizations, and United Nations Entities;
• Schools, colleges and universities. These formal educational institutions are eligible for offers through alternative programs and are not eligible for AMS Nonprofit Programs including nonprofit schools and academic museums;
• Healthcare organizations included in AMS Health Programs are ineligible for AMS Nonprofit Programs, including, but not limited to, hospitals, healthcare networks, health plans, ambulatory/outpatient healthcare organizations, nursing homes, retirement centers, assisted living, and home healthcare;
• Professional, commerce and trade associations;
• Professional and semi-professional sports organizations;
• Political, labor, and fraternal organizations;
• Refurbishers that will be installing the donated software on refurbished computers to be distributed or donated to nonprofits or schools;• Individuals.
Nonprofit offers are intended only for paid nonprofit employees, and unpaid full-time equivalent (FTE) staff who have material day-to-day managerial, operational, and fiduciary responsibilities, and who will not use the license for personal income generation. Volunteers, members and beneficiaries of the nonprofit are not eligible for nonprofit licenses and subscriptions.
4. License restrictions
*For volunteers, you may be able to utilize discounted volunteer offers.
Organizations cannot share, transfer, or resell nonprofit licenses or subscriptions with other organizations, including with partner nonprofits or legally independent sister organizations. Additionally, umbrella organizations, including controlled affiliates or subsidiaries, that maintain shared or centralized IT systems are only eligible for one donation account.
AMS values and respects individual and cultural differences and is committed to providing an inclusive environment that is welcoming and free from discrimination.
Therefore, organizations are not eligible to participate in the AMS nonprofit program if they have a policy or mission of discrimination in hiring, compensation, promotion, termination, retirement, training, programs, and/or services based on race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, political affiliation, union membership, or veteran status.
The only exception to this policy is for religious organizations that are exempt from laws that prohibit such discrimination.